Will Smith was previously in talks to play Dumbo in the upcoming live action remake of the 1941 film.
Hollywood actor Will Smith is reportedly in talks to play the Genie in a live action remake of animated Disney classic Aladdin, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Smith was reportedly in negotiations earlier this year to play Dumbo in the upcoming live action remake of the 1941 animated film, but talks are thought to have fallen through, leaving him open to take on the role.
Guy Ritchie has already been lined up to direct the action-packed film which is rumoured to be nontraditional.
Ritchie was the creative mastermind behind Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, and the more recent adaptations of Sherlock Holmes featuring Robert Downey Jr.
Late actor Robin Williams played the voice of the Genie in the 1992 film.
Walt Disney Pictures / YouTube
More from Business Insider UK:
- French billionaire Xavier Niel invested in UK carer startup Cera
- Apple said it will stop using material from mines in its iPhones — but it can’t do it yet (AAPL)
- Microsoft is planning to shut down its popular to-do list app Wunderlist (MSFT)
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today
- Gina Miller is raising hundreds of thousands to support MPs opposed to a hard Brexit
Read more stories on Business Insider, Malaysian edition of the world’s fastest-growing business and technology news website.